Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Best of: Facebook updates

Since I have been having a hard time blogging and a generally easy time verbalizing my feelings on Facebook, I have decided to share some of my updates on my blog until I can cohesively write about my life in blog form.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


10/13/2015

"Me: Can't you just fly over.
Mom: I'd need to go to Netanya to get a loan to buy my tickets, since I can't do it through the bank in our town.
Me: ...
Mom: I can't go to Netanya by myself."
My heart hurts knowing that my mother, an aging Palestinian hijabi, can no longer go to the bank, get her regular doctor check-ups, book a ticket or even go grocery shopping alone in a predominantly Jewish or mixed city without worrying that a settler-colonialist might throw a knife at her side and yell "terrorist!" and have the colonizing police forces execute her at point blank.
Thank you America for your birthright trips, tax dollars and freshly minted illegal settlers and their violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment